Saturday, May 9, 2009

16 nights

Hi and thanks for coming back after all this time! I logged on to Blogger this morning to realize that it's been 30 days (!) since I last put up a post. I started to flog myself and then thought about the last month. The past 30 days & nights have been, as they'd say here in England, 'a bit busy'. In the last month, I have spent:

4 nights in Istanbul
1 night in Rotterdam
1 night on Hayle's couch (NYC)
2 nights in Fishkill, NY
1 night at Greg's
1 night on a red-eye flight
4 nights with Mom & Dad sleeping in my spare room
2 nights in Maastricht
...and frankly, on the other 14 nights, I really just wanted to chill!

However, in the midst of all of this, I've managed to get pictures up from the exciting events you see above -- our Easter trip to Turkey (taking advantage of the Friday / Monday public holidays), Hal & Lisa's unseasonably warm spring wedding in upstate New York, and Mom & Dad's first visit to London to see us. Rotterdam was a typical overnight business trip (there less than 24 hours), and Maastricht was for a conference. I'll get those pictures up shortly, but they're only of drunk Unilever people and so probably not of great interest to the wider audience.

So, please check out the pictures, and I'll attempt to get some more detail around these trips up at some point in the coming 12 days, before we head to Florence for the second May bank holiday (i.e. Memorial Day). Don't worry, I do get to go to Rotterdam / Vlaardingen again in the meantime. Otherwise I might have Netherlands withdrawal.

(NB: Jason took his mom to Lisbon at the end of March... photos available for viewing!)

No comments: