Sunday, January 6, 2013

Is there anybody out there?

Happy 2013!  I'm having a quiet weekend here in New York and decided to take the opportunity to tackle the larger-than-expected project of getting 2012 pictures organized and shared. Also thought I might put a little bit up on the  ol' blog.  

Hey, it's my blog, I can step away for 8 months and pick it up when I want to. Which is not to say I'm not always a little afraid that Google will decide that enough is enough already! and take it down. Thankfully that hasn't happened.

My last post was about leaving Unilever, a pretty defining moment in both my professional and, as it turns out, personal life. My new chosen industry couldn't be more different, including the perks (heavily discounted wine, yay!) and the stresses. And as it turns out, the stresses are more palatable - in fact, more enjoyable - than in the previous life. More "how can I make sure I tackle everything that's important in the best way possible" than "how can I make sure I'm visible and in line to get ahead." And, as Jason will certainly attest, more enjoyable job stress makes for a more pleasant spouse - at least in this instance.

So, things last year were good, all told. We settled back in to NYC, both started new jobs, and are together trying to figure out what this means, now that things are calm again. We thought it was a quiet year, especially compared to our highly unusual 2011. But it turns out we kept ourselves pretty busy. We even managed to uphold our "world wide" status, just a little. And since I haven't shared photos or stories since March, there's a lot of catching up to do. 

Stay tuned!

~Jess

No comments: