Thursday, July 24, 2008

A small list of good things

I'm sure my numerous loyal readers are wondering where the heck the riveting updates are.

Well, here are some pieces of good news!

- We have an internet connection at home! Jason just spent the last 45 mins on the phone to IT in India trying to get his VPN working, but mine works fine, so I guess this still qualifies as good news.

- We had a fabulous weekend in Barcelona. I'll post something about this once I get the desktop hooked up so that I can upload our pictures and put a link in. It was 80 degrees and sunny, we ate really good food, and felt relaxed for the first time in awhile.

- I did NOT get food poisoning on my latest trip home from the Netherlands, which made for a much more pleasant journey than my previous adventure in the Amsterdam airport.

- Today, I learned the local trick to cheating the National Rail, thus saving myself the need to purchase a 12.30GBP (i.e. $25) round trip train ticket every day. NOW we're talking!

- The best for last... Our stuff comes tomorrow! The movers are supposed to arrive at 9AM. Hopefully they are more timely (i.e. come on the scheduled date) than the movers in the US. Thus, you know what the weekend will be all about... (Also arriving late morning: the plumber! Turns out caulking does not fix leaky pipes, and Paul downstairs is kind of tired of a soggy second bedroom.)

So... it will be an exciting day tomorrow, and a busy weekend. More details to follow!

No comments: