Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Week in Review

So, I'm sitting here wondering what to write.

Here's a quick run-down of highlights this week. I really got around town! After a rocky start for both of us (Monday + Tuesday particularly rough days at work), I had 3 rather eventful days that all involved going into London. Here are some of the hot-spots I visited:

Tate Modern Museum: I attended a 2-day, quarterly conference of marketers selling Flora/Becel margarine throughout Europe. This, like everything at Unilever, has its own abbreviation, the RBT (Regional Brand Team, with the Region being Europe, the Brand being Flora/Becel, and the Team being an esteemed group of individuals). Day 1 of 2 was held at the Tate Modern. We were in a top-story room with an outstanding view over the Thames, Millennium Bridge, and St. Paul's Cathedral. The real highlight, though, was a guided tour of the new Unilever Series installation in Turbine Hall. And thank goodness for the tour guide because otherwise it would have only appeared to be a bad sleep-away camp nightmare.

Koko: On Thursday night, Jason & I met up in Camden (much nicer than the other Camden) to see of Monteral. It was complete sensory overload, from the creepy animation on the big screen to the 18-year-old in the pink satin frilly mini prom dress dancing in front of us to the band itself. The show ended with a cover of Smells Like Teen Spirit, which was a bold but impressing and well-executed move that became depressing when I realized that most of the crowd was probably 2 when the song came out.

JP Morgan: Yep, I spent a very exciting Friday night at JP Morgan. There was a Stern recruiting event so I figured I'd check it out. Then I remembered I hate networking! But, I promised myself I'd get out and do these things just on the off-chance I might make a friend. Oh well.

Jason suggested I could write about how Wal-Mart sucks here as well, although they disguise it as "Asda". But that's another story for another day.

No comments: