Sunday, June 8, 2008

Countdown is ON!

I spent the last week spending time with friends, including some dinners, a happy hour, golf, and the Belmont Stakes. Today was a homebody day, with a big to-do list and not nearly enough accomplished.

As the days are getting fewer before my ultimate departure, I am struggling a bit because the to-do list keeps growing longer... I'm thinking about...

- Which electronics need new power cords / chargers (importantly: the toothbrushes and Wii!)
- Where to send the mail (Mom & Dad, you may have noticed some heavier-than-normal deliveries? Maybe not yet.)
- Who is going to buy my furniture? I started today with 9 pieces + 1 TV. Ending the day with 8 (+ TV), with 1 of those promised to someone who "can't believe" I have this desk because it's "exactly what [she's] looking for". Go figure, I thought that would be the hardest to get rid of!
- When am I going to sell the car?

You know, the little things.

Meanwhile, 5 hours into the future, Jason has been busy taking care of little things too, like trying to find us a place to live. I'm excited to be going out on Friday (funded by Unilever- yay business class!!) to help with the hunt; hopefully we'll be able to find something over the weekend, since the days in temp housing are growing shorter too.

So a quick count of the days:
22: Days left on Normandie Court lease
17: Days til the movers come
15: Days left on Wish-Bone
12: Days left in the office
12: Days before anniversary #2
11: Evenings I'm in NYC before the movers come
6: Evenings I might be free and able to get something done before the movers come

Yikes!

No comments: