Wednesday, June 25, 2008

[insert scream here]

Like I have the time to be writing right now...
I am up to my eyeballs in alligators! In a fortunate(?) turn of events, the movers did not come today as planned. They were supposed to arrive at noon, but at 10:30 I received a call saying 'my' truck had mechanical issues. Long story short, they're coming in the morning, and I had the day to get better organized. It was really helpful, because at every turn I am discovering something else that needs to get done.
However, that takes me out of commission for work tomorrow AM, a critical four-hour stretch in the big Wish-Bone wrap up. Alas, more 6P work gone unfinished.
As I can't figure out what I can and cannot ship overseas, I have a huge amount of household cleaners, personal care products, and food/baking supplies with one foot in the grave. I have been trying to get rid of them on freecycle.com, but of course when you offer up a grab bag of goodies, the inbox floods with promises to pick up immediately and very little follow-through. Well, what do you want for free!? Still, I hope to find these things (surely several hundreds of dollars worth of stuff) a second chance at life.
All in all, a good day - flight booked for Monday, several accounts cancelled, clothing to Goodwill, TV purchased + taken away, suitcase made lighter given more time to assess what's "necessary" to carry with me. And, a little time to relax - enjoyed my last Mexican meal for awhile with my friend Jamie + her baby girl Erica. But I did not get that sense of closure I was expecting when I got up, because my apartment is still full! One more day...

No comments: